Sr. Java Software Engineer, Associate
Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world's most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and we will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. # Your team
The Platform Engineering team architects and builds the fabric that underpins Aladdin, an operating system for investment managers that seeks to connect the information, people and technology needed to manage money in real time. The team focuses on defining a highly integrated data and tools strategy helping BlackRock lead the industry in using data and technology to drive decision making across our core asset management and technology businesses.
The Critical Infrastructure team, is part of the Platform Engineering and is responsible for evolving the strategic environment for Aladdin Applications, by designing and developing the core infrastructure layers of Aladdin including Data Layer, Aladdin Messaging Services, Aladdin Desktop Experience and the Aladdin API Gateway.
To achieve our goal, we work closely with other teams, including UX, Enterprise Architecture, Release Engineering, Information Security, application development teams or even external vendors, to name a few. # About you
# Responsibilities include
- Independent thinker capable of owning and leading a project from concept to delivery
- Passionate about constant learning
- Interpersonal skill to work across teams to understand platform, users and developers needs
- Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical users
# Required skills
- Develop and maintain the persona-based workflows that will reshape how financial professionals are using our platform
- Help design and build the next generation of the world best investment platform
- Contribute to an agile development team working with designers, analysts, users and leads
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment
- Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support
# This may come useful
- Experience working with an agile/scrum team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner to a diverse audience
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
- Experience with building Electron applications
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working on integrating and customizing industry standard API Gateways like NGINX, Apigee
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines in Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience in building secure software
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.