Sr. Database Platfm Analyst IND
As a member of the Data Management - RDS team, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, and enforcing the standards and practices that support all phases of a database's life-cycle for databases on Amazon Web Services platforms. Responsibilities
• Designing, testing, automating, and documenting procedures to perform key tasks for data services in AWS.
• Evaluating, testing, and packaging of security and bug fix patches for operational execution
• Overseeing the execution of these procedures by our vendor partners
• Developing and implementing proactive and reactive monitoring to identify and address conditions that may compromise our ability to meet the organization's availability, performance, and security requirements
• Enforcing database and data security policies and standards as well as reporting upon policy and standard compliance status to both internal and external audiences
• Planning, scheduling, and supervising changes to databases and hosting infrastructure in a manner that avoids disruption to production and development systems Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (4-7years) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing Enterprise scale deployment of RDMBs (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 LUW)
• Demonstrated competency with PostgreSQL and MySQL database administration.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services for PaaS and IaaS solutions.
• Systems automation experience with Unix Shell, Python, or other programming languages Preferred Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience managing Amazon Web Services using awscli.
• Demonstrated experience creating and updating Cloud Formation Templates
• Experience integrating services for provisioning with ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment technologies, a plus