- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
Sr Business Analyst - Fin System
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India• Independently perform business analysis and serve as a primary contact with business users to elicit and validate requirements to improve Moody's application systems, with a specific focus on billing defects and enhancements.
• Assess feasibility of proposed business requirements and IT system designs and work with application development teams to support requested system changes. Resolve any conflicts in requirements between business users and technology teams.
• Prepare thorough, detailed, high-quality business and functional requirements documentation for complex and multi-faceted deliverables to drive system changes as needed to meet the needs of business stakeholders.
• Manage incidents reported by system users from inception to closure, ensuring completeness of investigation and agreement on outcomes by all interested parties.
• Act as a lead in developing and maintaining relationships with primary and secondary billing application users and keep clients informed of issues investigation status.
• Work with IT application development teams to support work products and act as an informed customer advocate for Invoicing.
• Prioritize, monitor and report on system defects and change requests, and obtain signoffs for requirements changes.
• Coordinate some project management tasks in support of the SDLC, including identifying project phases, coordinating development activities, monitoring deliverables status and tracking overall project progress.
• Recommend improvements to existing Billing Systems team procedures and workflows and implement approved changes
• Lead the planning and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT). Construct test plans that sufficiently demonstrate conformance to business requirements for all delivered system modifications.
• Use Sharepoint and its workflows to drive issue investigations and maintain permanent documentation repository.
• May mentor and oversee the work of more junior business analysts.
• Ensure that technical solutions, whether through legacy or future state systems, optimally support the business and meet all criteria for scalability, fit for purpose, completeness, accuracy, etc.
• Understand the capabilities of complex systems and how they can be used in support of business objectives.
• Ensure compatibility of system changes with all applicable compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Plan and lead meetings to successful conclusions, gain agreements among stakeholders and document outcomes.
Global MIS Invoicing
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or a related field and 2 - 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst or related position involving business analysis for finance systems. OR Bachelor's degree in stated/related fields with 4 - 5 years of progressive experience.
• Must have an understanding of the software development lifecycle and its components.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Meeting facilitation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have strong writing skills and the ability to summarize complex multi-faceted information into simple and straightforward terms.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to derive technical solutions to business needs as articulated by non-technical business individuals.
• Project management experience involving the oversight of system development tasks.
• Experience in a client-facing role (internal or external), handling system defect resolution.
• Working knowledge of SQL
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.