Sr Assoc Dsgn Engineering
Support enterprise architectures by developing, designing, configuring and implementing detailed engineering strategies/Cloud Solutions that meet and/or exceed capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives for a variety of large projects, across multiple technologies, within technical area of expertise. Provide technical leadership to team/vendor/contractor resources, ensuring viability of designs, flawless execution, and seamless transition into the production environment. Responsibilities
• Independently perform moderately difficult assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise. Pan, design, review and approve robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs. Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades.
• Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project timelines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members.
• Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation techniques.
• Collaborate with team members to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives. Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality. Manage hand-over of design solutions and provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies.
• Create and maintain documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables). Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts. Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams that were drafted and approved for the project. Redirect build activities as needed.
• Provide thought leadership and influence the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices. Participate and provide input into the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal performance and availability of technologies. Promote reuse and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Validate -- and adhere to -- defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with existing process and service management principles and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies. Required Qualifications
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
AWS Certification is must
5-7 years of experience and proven engineering expertise within subject matter domain. Preferred Qualifications
Worked at least 5 years in the area of AWS cloud.
Solid and demonstrable comprehension of cloud concepts.
Experience in debugging and editing python or power shell based code.
Experience in analyzing cloud issues and understanding of automation concepts