Sr Assoc Data Engineering IND
• Performing R&D with respect to the latest and greatest Big data and machine learning toolsets available in the market, perform comparative analysis and provides recommendations to choose the best tool as per the current and future needs of the enterprise.
• Perform R&D and provide recommendations on the open source toolset and technologies. Act as a steward towards promoting adoption of open source technology culture within the organization.
• Working closely with the Data scientists and Data lake engineers to provide technical guidance, consultation and resolution of their queries.
• Assist in development of simple and advanced analytics best practices, processes, technology & solution patterns and automation (including CI/CD)
• Working closely with various stakeholders in US team with a collaborative approach.
• Develop data pipeline in python/pyspark to be executed in AWS cloud.
• Set up analytics infrastructure in AWS using cloud formation templates.
• Develop mini/micro batch, streaming ingestion patterns using Kinesis/Kafka.
• Seamlessly upgrading the application to higher version like Spark/EMR upgrade.
• Participates in the code reviews of the developed modules and applications.
• Provides inputs for formulation of best practices for ETL processes / jobs written in programming languages such as PySpak and BI processes.
• Working with column-oriented data storage formats such as Parquet , interactive query service such as Athena and event-driven computing cloud service - Lambda.
• Diligently teaming with the cloud engineering, delivery, infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
• Ensuring a high level of security and auditing around our private and sensitive data.
• To able to identify the specific service causing issues, reviewing logs ,able to identify problem and recommend solution by working with the product vendors. Responsibilities
Driving an aggressive, innovative, and forward-thinking approach, independently perform complex assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and upgrade of existing and future technologies within the End User Computing and Collaboration disciplines. Plan, design, review and approve robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs. Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide top tier, ongoing life-cycle support for new technology deployments and upgrades. Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members. Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation techniques. Collaborate with team members to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives. Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality. Manage hand-over design solutions and provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies. Create and maintain documentation of detailed design documents,diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables). Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts. Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams that were drafted and approved for the project. Redirect build activities as needed. Provide thought leadership and influence the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the optimal performance and availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Responsible for the validation of, and adherence to, defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with existing service/process principles and Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies. Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership. Required Qualifications
• 4 to 7 years of strong advance analytics and data virtualization tool administration experience with a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments. • Experience in programming languages used in Data Science such as Python/PySpark. • Worked or have sound knowledge of AWS services falling in different criterion such as Storage, Compute, Network and Security. • Sound fundamentals of database concepts and experience with relational or non-relational database types such as SQL, Key-Value, Graphs etc. • Excellent debugging skills. • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and varied assignments. • Ability to quickly perform critical analysis and use creative approaches for solving complex problems. • Strong Academic background. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
Well versed with AI and machine learning concepts - Supervised/Unsupervised learnings, Decision trees, and deep learning. • Experience in Unix/Linux /AWS CLI scripting. • AWS Certification is preferred. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.