The Solution Architect designs systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams. Responsibilities
The Solution Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions, enabling the organization to meet business objectives. The focus of this role will be on systems integration and development of applications used for our client and advisor service platforms. This includes in house developed applications for advisor self service as well as service rep tools to support Clients and advisors. Package integrations include Pega, BOX, CTI, etc.
Provides technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Serves as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization. Ensures compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards.
Gathers Non-Functional Requirements
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
- Identifies key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
- Collaborates with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements.
- Conducts assessments of current business and technology architectures
- Identifies and documents any risks, issues or critical success factors
- Translates project requirements into detailed designs consistent with long-term roadmaps.
- Designs external system interfaces.
- Researches and maintains a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies to solve business problems. Required Qualifications
--12+ years of IT experience
-- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or related work experience.
- Skills in general architecture, and knowledge of operations and deployment methodologies and techniques (e.g. Agile, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL).
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 5+ years relevant solution architecture experience that includes successful software integration experience.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Experience designing and integrating application across a diverse set of technologies including distributed, mainframe, Services oriented architectures, ETL/Batch.
- Experience in cloud application engineering
- Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
- A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
- Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value.
- Good understanding on Cloud native design and experience in designing applications deployments using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in designing highly available and scalable distributed applications. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Familiar with Agile software development
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures.
- Familiarity with large scale call center/service implementations.
- Familiarity with robotic process automation
-Experience in design of large data and data integration systems