- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Engineer - Informatica
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThis is a challenging position within the Database and Middleware Engineering team of the Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure organization leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a level 3 role (L3) involving active leadership of outsourced partners and oversight of newly introduced Informatica Master Data Management along with Informatica Power Center, Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Power Exchange technologies within existing stack of database and middleware space. The database and middleware team is responsible for setting the engineering standards for database and middleware technologies including specifying and maintaining specific hardened builds of each technology along with tracking software patching and maintaining technology lifecycles. This includes technology (software) configuration, operational and disaster recovery design and implementation, troubleshooting, performance optimization, creation and automation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams etc. The database and middleware team also has the ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams and to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Responsible for the following as it relates to supporting the engineering and operations of the database technologies:
• Design, implement and follow strict engineering standards and guidelines to design, build, and operate the MDM, Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality technologies to support business applications
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in the Informatica MDM, Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality technologies space and recommend improvements to enhance the team's delivery capabilities
• Recommend adoption of new technologies and solutions to achieve operational excellence
• Develop and implement appropriate troubleshooting tools/technologies for proactively identifying problems including steps to quickly triage the problem leading to faster time to resolution
• Communicate effectively within and across multiple teams including vendors when required
• Track and document Informatica MDM, Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality infrastructure per application/technology including patch management and version control.
• Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of Informatica MDM, Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality software
• Implement and maintain Informatica MDM, Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality user security.
• Represent team in the change management review and be the first level approver for planned changes
• Partner with Level 2/support teams in creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
• Communicate with Vendor to resolve technical issues
Required • Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering or IT-related field
• Minimum 5 years' experience in managing and operationally supporting Data Management suite of Products.
• Must have working experience with Informatica MDM Product Suite.
• Must have good understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) architectures and business processes
• Must have designed/architected and implemented minimum 2 end-to-end MDM environments.
• Must have hands-on experience with Informatica Data Director, MDM Hub configurations - Data modeling & Data Mappings
• Understanding of SOA, ETL, Data integration, Data Quality, data architecture and Master Data Management, project life cycle Phases, best practices and processes
• Must have exposure to DevOps and experience deploying using modern CI/CD pipeline
• Experience working with containers will be desirable
• Knowledge of Database technologies and operational process
• Strong project management skills preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Linux/UNIX & Windows
• Experience working in a virtualized and cloud environment
• Experience in end to end automation and orchestration using leading tools (VMware, PUPPET, Ansible, Red Hat Satellite etc)
• Strong Unix Shell scripting/Python standard scripting tools
• Experience in building and rolling out high availability and disaster recovery environments
• Experience in maintaining configuration and knowledge management database
• Demonstrated ability to implement a project from start to finish
• Ability to understand and document client requirements and suggest appropriate solutions
• Ability to actively work on multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.