Senior Developer - Distributed Systems
Work with development teams and product managers to develop maintain, enhance and support software applications.
Test, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade application technology components to ensure reliability and efficiency.
Provide high quality Incident, Problem, Risk Control, Service and Operational change request management within agreed targets.
Responsible for coordination with other support groups (such as architecture, compliance, infrastructure, product vendor etc). Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the platform.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain assigned applications, in different frameworks/languages.
- Prepare and execute implementation plans
- Provide high quality Incident and Problem management, including debugging and troubleshooting.
- Provide high quality Risk Control, Service and Operational change request management.
- Manage workload according to budget, schedule. Communicate status, issues, risks to Leader.
- Follow Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures
- Perform maintenance and enhancements on applications with limited supervision with regards to code development in accordance with established naming conventions and standards, implementation procedures, and post production validation.
- Delivers efficient code that minimizes system performance impacts and minimizes post-installation issues. Unit Test thoroughly.
- Responsible for code maintenance in Bitbucket and ensure to develop secure code using code scan tools.
- Responsible for managing deployments using DevOps tools
- Works with Business Analysts and Product owners to define specifications, indicate areas of system impact, and continuously communicates project status and needs.
- Creates detailed technical documentation of system enhancements. Examples of documents include: Design Specifications Documents, Report Guides, System Description Documents, and Change Control Forms.
- Provide technical guidance to lesser experienced team member and guide team oriented projects.
- Meet Organization goals towards SLA metrics on day-day operations
- Work and coordinate with multiple cross-commit partners including architecture, information security, application teams, and external vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-learner and willing to work independently
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 4.5-6.5 years of software development experience, including requirements, analysis, design, build/unit test.
- Experience providing maintenance and enhancements in accordance with established standards (technical and compliance).
- Experience with application maintenance, support, and incident management.
- Proven experience in technical documentation.
- Experience in the development of application based on REST api architecture.
- Proven technical expertise in back end languages, technologies, and frameworks (Java, Struts, Spring); web service integrations, browser technologies, database and SQL, development and collaboration tools. Experience with .NET framework a plus.
- Highly organized with ability to drive a high number of simultaneous efforts to completion within schedule and budget.
- Ability to quickly understand and act on work requests. Attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages/frameworks
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise in working with cross functional teams. Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle processes/procedures, including Waterfall and Agile.
About Our Company
- Experience leading/mentoring junior resource
- Experience preparing plans to lead small work efforts
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.