Senior Developer - Cloud Engineer
The Cloud engineer /.Net Developer is responsible for owning all processes in a system. He/She will collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements and recommend right and scalable solution, lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. Will manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements, setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. Senior developer will participate in driving the development efforts around cloud technologies. Collaborate with vendor/contractor partners to develop and implement the detailed design, configuration, and engineering strategies/solutions to deliver cloud engineering solutions while remaining focused on security, uptime, and performance. Provide troubleshooting and resolution to complex problems/issues.
The position provides an unparalleled opportunity to learn other aspects of Asset Management business and become a valuable member of our global technology team supporting a very dynamic and rapidly growing global business. You will work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that is in the best interest of our clients and provide you with opportunities to make your mark within the team. You need to have a passion for continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest trends & technologies. Responsibilities
• Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards;
• Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee and vendor developers;
• Design and code to meet business specifications;
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments;
• Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements;
• Coach and mentor .Net developers on proper use of industry standard trends and practices;
• Development of code and design to meet evolving needs while adhering to policy and standards.
• Provide App dev support to other applications (including CI/CD) in CTI Sales and Marketing App portfolio
• Design and develop knowledge repository to train new and existing resources;
• Conduct and participate in Code and design Reviews, support and maintain existing code/application.
• Manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment;
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated;
• Deliver results work both in a team or independently;
• Achieve key performance measures for code review and test execution
• Monitor and support the production environment applications to ensure optimum stability and performance.
Proactive Monitoring & Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure application availability and response times, batch processing SLAs/OLAs are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of various technologies within area of expertise and take appropriate corrective actions prior to an incident or problem occurring.
- Work with the enterprise monitoring team to implement and improve monitoring capabilities.
- Use monitoring tools to prevent potential business impact.
- Collaborate with members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in an expeditious manner.
- Monitor and report issues within the monitoring system and work with the required team/vendor for quick restoration.
- Send Various health check status reports to the leadership
- Recommend, deploy and document strategies and solutions for problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
- Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively helps maintain high availability, resiliency and stability of applications.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
-Incident management - logging, prioritizing and resolving incidents and track them against various SLAs using Service Now tool.
-Problem management - Resolving recurring incidents permanently, performing break fix root causes and coordination with Development teams for fix implementation.
- Create, maintain and update operational documentation with detailed design diagrams, troubleshooting steps, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in systems analysis, design and an expert understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
• 6-7.5 years of experience coding and/or designing in multiple programming languages, including focused experience in relevant/targeted software stack ( .NET/ ASP.Net
Core/ Entity Framework Core / AWS/ Python
• Experience in configuring, consuming, deploying AWS services such as VPC, EC2 + EBS, S3, Route 53, DBs etc.
• Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD tools.
• 6-7.5 years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications in multiple environments.
• Superior analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing constraints.
• Be an excellent problem solver with a solid understanding of OOP and a passion and drive to expand your coding skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of various technical stacks and up to date on latest technology.
• Expert level application of technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.
• Experience working with on-prem / cloud based infrastructures. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with Asset Management business.
• Knowledge on Front end frameworks.
• Exposure to BFSI domain is a good to have.
• Ansible work experience. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.