Senior Business Analyst, Financial Systems
Job Description Role: Position objectives include supporting end-users with minimal supervision on Financial applications (SAP S4 Procure to Pay). This position will be involved in addressing small to complex day to day user issues/requests and require hands on research that includes but not limited to information / data gathering to formulate a comprehensive solution. This position will also participate as a member of the team on project related tasks while supporting urgent user issues / requests.
Support SAP Finance function and applications, including trouble-shooting, configuration, maintenance and enhancements. Responsible for process design, configuration, creation and dissemination of procedures/documentation, testing, and training where applicable. Support reporting/query needs including the creation of specifications, development and maintenance, and testing of reports and queries. This position will provide guidance as necessary to lower level staff working on user issue and or project related requests. Effectively communicate and translate technical concepts to the user community. Participate in projects as required.
• Facilitate the implementation and support of SAP Financials (focus on SAP GL, Assets and Procure to Pay)
• Perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions; identify, interpret, validate and document business requirements
• Facilitate workshops to collect business requirements. Map business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy business' needs.
• Design, customize, configure and testing of FI/CO modules. Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions. Act as liaison with business for troubleshooting: investigate, analyses, and solve software problems. Document functional designs, test cases and results. Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements
• Look for alternative approaches to SAP custom development in collaboration with SAP and SI. Determine what functionality is required in terms of design, structure and configuration, in line with internal guidelines and procedures, in order to translate the IT requirements into an optimum IT solution. Keep solution as close to standard SAP as possible.
• Train SAP Super users, Business process owners and business process leads.
• Scope and estimate business requirements. Work with business process leads and users to gather requirements for reports and application extensions
• Perform hands-on configuration in the SAP FICO module.
• Resolve Service Request tickets in accordance with agreed upon SLAs.
• Support the deployment of production applications and provide post-production support related to custom system enhancements and integration points.
• Participate in system and applicate upgrades, enhancements and resolutions.
A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 plus years practical SAP Financial and System application knowledge (ECC or S4). The candidate must possess strong organizational, time management, and communication skills and be detail oriented. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must possess excellent written, verbal and strong interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel are required.
Experience in Controlling with:
• Cost Center Accounting
• Profitability Analysis
• Inventory Valuation
• Product Cost Accounting - Make to Order, Make to Stock
• Actual Product Costing - Material Ledger
• Internal Order Accounting
Knowledge in Finance module with:
• Master Data Management
• General Ledger
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Month End/Year End Closing
• Cycle count
• Intercompany Transactions
• Financial Reporting
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.