Python Data Engineer, Analyst
Description About this role
Are you interested in building and working with innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to tackle some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Data Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and are excited to embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We understand that we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a data focused software development team responsible for the next generation technology and solutions. Tick Data Warehouse and Analytics Team
As a Data Engineer on the Tick Data Warehouse and Analytics Team you will work with our small but growing team to capture and analyze tens of millions of ticks of data daily across asset classes and regions storing them into the largest warehouse of historical market data at BlackRock. You will sit at the cross-roads of research, trading, and data science creating analytics for and working with globally distributed teams ranging from research, to the firm's AI Lab in Palo Alto, to various trading, portfolio management, and alpha-generating teams. Responsibilities
We are seeking a new member who enjoys creative problem solving and has an enthusiasm for learning. In this role you will partner with other high-caliber data engineers both on our team and across the firm to support, develop, and enhance tools and analytics which will continue to raise our team's profile across the firm
- Implement processes for real-time data collection, storage, and analytics using OneTick
- Evaluate, design and build new solutions to enhance our systems using a variety of technologies
- Communicate effectively with other developers, business users, and external vendors
- Perform ad-hoc query and data support to help our users react to changing dynamics in the financial markets.
Required Technical skills
- 2+ year of work experience, preferably in a role with exposure to large data sets.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A willingness to both teach and learn from other team members
- Strong work ethic and a keen sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- 2 - 4 years' experience in Python
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux operating system(s)
- Experience in software development lifecycle using source code control (Git or similar)
- Hands on experience with time-series tick databases and/or data warehouse solutions (e.g. OneTick, kdb+, Sybase IQ, Hadoop)
- Experience working in SQL or any relational databases e.g. Oracle, Sybase ASE
- Experience working with, and passion for, financial products and market data
- Experience with manipulation and reconciliation of large data sets.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.