Prpl Lead- User Experience Designer
Lead User Experience Designer will manage and ensure a consistent and effective user experience (UX) within projects. Ensure that applications are powerful, engaging and rewarding by taking a user centered design approach. Work with cross-functional business and technology teams and key stakeholders to transform business and user requirements in to highly effective and usable software solutions. Identify UX research opportunities; assist in designing and executing UX research for technology applications, web sites and other digital experiences across various platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet at Ameriprise. Responsibilities
- Manage the design and/or end user research of user interfaces during the implementation phase of the project, including the development research plans, research execution, wire frames, mock-ups or other project deliverables to illustrate the intended user experience.
- Effectively manage team work load and ensure knowledge sharing and cross-training of team members to effectively support the business and execute on team/function deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team through effective hiring, coaching and performance management.
- Conduct UX research, including competitive research reviews, heuristic reviews, surveys, click studies, card sorting and usability testing. Author and present resulting research reports.
- Participate in the strategy phase of projects, providing input for concepts, research plans, and approach for the user experience.
- Present design ideas and/or end user research plans, including rationale based on customer insights and best practices, to the product development team and other key stakeholders.
- Translate business and user requirements into defined UX/UI documentation and specifications, including stories and acceptance criteria for Agile projects.
- Participate in peer design reviews/critique, giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- 10-14 years of broad experience with highly complex web sites and software applications from a user-centered standpoint.
- Proficient knowledge of user-centered design process, web best-practices and relevant disciplines, including information architecture, interaction and visual design.
- Experience leading 3+ UX professionals or other direct reports.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and rationale.
- Proficient prototyping and mockup skills to convey ideas and concepts.
- Experience working with industry standard visualization tools and software (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision etc.).
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals such as color theory, composition, branding, typography and web design standards.
- Ability to work in both waterfall and agile project processes.
- Experience designing for complex application ecosystems.
- Ability to interpret product requirements documents from a user-centered perspective.
- Working knowledge of usability testing and other research methods.
- Fundamental understanding of project management and business process management concepts.
- Experience designing transactional or complex interactions with consumer and/or B2B platforms