Investment Performance Analyst - GUR
Description About this role
This role sits in the Disclosures Reporting Team and primarily focuses on monitoring and reporting of major shareholdings, short selling activities, Takeover Panel transactions and fund systemic risk reports to regulators across the world. The remit of the role covers all major global investments and respond to internal and external requests for information on the firm's positions in companies and securities. We are also responsible for disclosing and reporting various information to fund boards and clients, including sub-advised clients. You like to:
- Work in a culture of openness, inclusion and hands-on engagement at all levels.
- Interact with colleagues from Portfolio Management, Institutional Client Business, Legal & Compliance, and Investment Stewardship and works closely with Business Operations and Technology
- Learn about numerous global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that may impact the team
- Be part of a dynamic, high-intensity environment, and develop within a truly global international group
- Tackle complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a target on process optimization, data & technology in a pragmatic approach.
- Enjoy developing strong internal & external relationships, with a focus on collaboration & client service.
- Have exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions
Your daily tasks may include:
- Reviewing system reports of shareholdings against trade movements, and reporting holdings that have reached prescribed thresholds
- Submitting of necessary disclosures in an accurate and timely manner & maintaining clear records of all filings and communications
- Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed threshold limits and engaging portfolio managers globally in order to allocate limited investment capacity, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients
- Working with partners to improve processes and controls that build capacity and scale, and supporting automation
- Monitoring overall data collection status from various global functional teams
- Preparing monthly and quarterly Sub-Advised client certificates, in accordance with client guidelines and various SEC regulations
- Building and validating daily, monthly, and quarterly cross trade reports
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for the Client Service Management team and sub-advised clients
- Maintaining procedures across all processes to ensure high-level quality control
- Communicating with regulators and internal legal counsel regarding complex, sensitive topics
- Finding opportunities to improve processes through the use of technology
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field (preferred but not required).
- Recent experience or strong academics with a background in finance or similar field with a keen interest in the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
- Experience in working with and developing strong and positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong client and stakeholder service orientation.
- Strong control / risk mitigation mentality; ability to apply solid judgement as to when to raise issues.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management. Ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Visual Basic and SQL (preferable)
- Fluency in English
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.