Income and Payments Analyst - GUR
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
Ensuring the accuracy of spendable cash which is provided to the Portfolio Managers / Investment teams on a daily basis. In addition, the team is responsible for ensuring the timely confirmation and settlement of all OTC post-settlement lifecycle payments.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Income and Payments Professional
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Investment Operations: Is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. IO establishes and coordinates operational processes and procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for managing BlackRock's broker-dealer and custodian bank relationships.
The Income and Payments Team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of spendable cash which is provided to the Portfolio Managers / Investment teams on a daily basis. In addition, the Income and Payments Team are responsible for ensuring the timely confirmation and settlement of all OTC post-settlement lifecycle payments. The roles and responsibilities include actively managing risk and exposure by ensuring all cash balances in Aladdin (BlackRock’s books and records) are accurate and validate all activity processed by external providers on a daily basis.
The role will provide the platform to learn much about the business particularly the mechanics of the exception management, root cause analysis and driving innovative enhancements, analyzing metrics, leading processes and recommending improvements to improve efficiency. The collective team play a prominent role in the lifecycle of the business, leveraging Aladdin to ensure operational consistency and client fiduciary responsibilities.
Contribute & help lead the strategic vision for the department forming the link between teams (Internal & external)
• Risk management focus – the team support a technical business with market deadlines where impact of error can be financial and/or reputational – you will be responsible for oversight and execution of control effectiveness and performance within your team and will be expected to contributed to the wider function’s overall control framework
• Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships
• Identify opportunities for process improvement/automation and champion continuous improvement within the team
• 1 – 3 years experience
• The Income and Payments Team work to multiple market daily deadlines so an aptitude to work under pressure is necessary
• Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy in everything you do
• Candidates should possess a high level of self-motivation, adaptability and enjoy problem solving
• Demonstrate an affinity for teamwork and to contribute as a partner within a truly global team
• Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate constructively at all levels
• Be highly organized, focused with practiced skills in operating effectively to tight deadlines within a high risk and high volume environment
• Demonstration of making effective decisions based on limited information and awareness of when to obtain further assistance/clarification as necessary
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.