- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18
Financial Data Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting on an established process of obtaining and providing deal records for processing. In this role, you will be required to understand an operational process, navigate various data environments to source deal documents, perform document integrity checks, provide a high level of service, and track and report on activity.
• Monitor Moody's tracking system to identify the in-scope candidates
• Sourcing SFG deal documents efficiently
• Promptly share the current documents with the relevant Credit Monitoring Analysts to assist deal monitoring
• Record the changes in tracking tool comprehensively to facilitate follow-ups
• Develop subject matter expertise for educated decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Build knowledge and understanding of the tactical tools and broader operating environment
• Identify and proactively research issues, exceptions and discrepancies with data, escalate as needed and follow up to resolve;
• Participate in regular management calls and coordinate with business partners, share process updates, receive feedback
• Track and report on progress for weekly reporting
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Support manager with developing and updating operational documentation and supporting content (e.g. guidelines, FAQ's, manuals) for future reference / training
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream or graduate with minimum 2 years' experience with good academic record
• Knowledge on financial sector and/or relevant internship experience a plus
• Strong MS office skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without error
• Able to confidently follow a process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.