- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 18
Financial Data Associate
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe Role / Responsibilities:
Within Moody's Investors Service (MIS), the Rating Transaction Services (RTS) group owns and manages the MIS Remediation Program, operational control framework and global tactical operations teams as well as supports the end-to-end transactional rating process through workflow coordination and rating desk services. RTS is looking for a Financial Data Associate to join the Gurgaon MIS Support Center (MSC) team.
As a Financial Data Associate, you will work in a dedicated team supporting a global Quality Assurance (QA) framework. In this role you will be required to understand an operational process, identify inconsistencies based on understanding MIS policies and procedures, liaise with global stakeholders to investigate and remediate inconsistencies, provide a high level of service and track and report on activity.
• Monitor a tracking system to identify in-scope candidates for the QA process.
• Source required documents to perform a QA review including outreach to internal customers if needed.
• Perform QA reviews based on a defined process and applying a solid understanding of regulatory/ compliance requirements.
• Record observations in a comprehensive manner to facilitate hand offs and follow ups.
• Proactively liaise with Credit Rating Analysts and partner groups to investigate inconsistencies, discuss MIS policies, procedures and guidelines, and remediate inconsistencies prior to set deadlines.
• Develop subject matter expertise to facilitate educated decision-making and discussions when faced with an exceptional scenario not covered by the process steps
• Collaborate with local and regional team members to solve problems, build consensus on and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario.
• Actively liaise with team leaders, managers and regional business partners to discuss and resolve open questions and brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the operating environment
• Build knowledge and understanding of the tactical tools and broader operating environment including the MIS Credit Rating Process and related Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Monitor shared mailbox and respond proactively or route appropriately to close out open items
• Identify and proactively research issues, exceptions, and data discrepancies; escalate as needed and follow up to resolve
• Support the manager with developing and updating process documentation (e.g. guidelines, FAQ's, manuals). Make recommendations for efficiency opportunities.
• Track and report on progress for daily, weekly and ad hoc reporting
This job description is issued as a guideline, Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
• Postgraduate in any stream with ~2 years of work experience, or graduate with minimum 4 years of work experience, with good academic record
• Prior experience in Quality Assurance profile and/or relevant internship experience a plus.
• Able to confidently follow a complex process and rapidly develop subject matter expertise without the need for continual quality checks on work.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete transactional processes without concentration lapses
• Highly organized and efficient; able to complete multiple in-progress deliverables and move them forward
• Strong performer with aim to learn and grow with the organization
• Strong MS office skills, intermediate to advanced Excel skills and Power Point preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to confidently put across the view point without getting intimidated by seniority or role of the audience
• Sound presentation skills; capable of presenting points in concise and structured manner
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member
• Capable of managing and prioritizing high workload volumes
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.