The Java developer is responsible for maintaining existing and building new application(s) in the system.
He/She will collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements to be implemented and recommend right and scalable solution by adhering to required quality standards.
He/She will work with India and US counterparts to implement and the work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines. This role requires capability to write micro services, shell scripts, write Java/Python code and write SQL queries. Candidate should also have excellent technical knowledge, team player, self motivated individual.
BFSI domain experience would be added advantage. Responsibilities
• Deliver assigned tasks based on assigned priority.
• Design and code to meet business specifications.
• Be aware of design patterns (GoF), provide input on best practices and procedures. Pro actively incorporate the coding standards in code developed. Be responsible of managing Dev Ops cycle.
• Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in test and production environments.
• Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated.
• Participate in code and design Reviews, support and maintain existing code/application. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering or equivalent
• Must possess problem solving and analytical skills
• 3-5 years of experience in coding and/or designing and managing JVM based distributed applications preferably on Linux.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java (8+), Python
• Object-oriented design and implementation skills.
• Hands-on experience in Java 8 and above, spring boot & related frameworks
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priority as necessary.
• 1 year of experience in any cloud platform (preferably AWS)
• Understanding of various design patterns like N-tire, micro-services, stateful-stateless, request-response, batch/real-time etc.
• Experience with any RDBMS (e.g. Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Understanding of database topics like ACID transaction & constrains, partition Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM software development
• Knowledge of any NoSQL database (e.g. aws DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.)
• Understanding of DevOps technologies, and Container
• Understanding with Big Data such as Amazon Athena, any Open source technologies such as apache Hive, apache Spark, Presto