Data Transformation Analyst II
Responsible for monitoring the One View 360(OV3) Data Capture process, maintaining File and Supplier profile information used during the process, resolving issues that arise during the process, and determining and communicating the availability of all the data necessary for downstream processes. Also maintains communications with Suppliers in regards to data supplies. Primary Responsibilities
- Oversee and administer the OV3 Data Capture process and ensure it is being executed as expected.
- Determine if all data needed for downstream process is available when required.
- Communicate with external data suppliers to ensure that files are received as scheduled and sent in the expected format.
- Serves as the interface point with external data suppliers to understand data changes and ask questions relating to data content.
- Notify downstream processes of missing files as input into run/don't run decision-making.
- Work with suppliers and/or Polk employees to maintain supplier and source file information.
- Assess the impact of modifying supplier and source file information.
- Work with suppliers and/or Polk employees to define file validation tolerances.
- Ensure awareness of source file changes (e.g., format, delivery dates, etc.).
- Investigate and resolve problems that occur during the data capture process.
- Assists the ETL team and Data Quality team in performing root cause analysis of data issues.
- Performs data analysis as necessary to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Uses continuous process improvement techniques to consistently determine ways to improve current processes.
- Respond to Ad-Hoc Data Requests.
- Evaluate requests for specific files or data and identify issues/concerns with the planned use of the data.
- Ability to investigate archived data and restore data in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, engineering, computer science or other analytical degree field and five plus years experience working within data information field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Understanding of file decryption and decompression tools and methods
- Understanding of source file layouts
- Knowledge of file contents and when/how the data in used in processes
- Knowledge of workflow routes for various file types
- Ability to use the system to create, edit, activate/deactivate, and publish
- Understanding and some experience with an ETL tool such as Informatica.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of Continuous Process Improvement and Six Sigma techniques
- Understanding of process flows and business rules
- Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel, and Access)
- Ability to transfer files using FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS
- Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to be decisive and take into account consequences of decisions
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.