Data Operations -Application Support VP
Description About this role Overview : Skills/Qualifications
Additional Advantage if candidate possess basic knowledge of trending concepts like: -
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in supporting Windows & Unix operating systems both virtual (VMware) and physical.
- Proven understanding of Windows and UNIX systems administration with a working knowledge of process management, network configuration (VLANs), PowerShell, shell scripting, logging, protocols like HTTPS, FTP, SCP, LDAP, etc.
- Awareness of infrastructure components like firewalls, load balancers, proxies, high availability clusters etc.
- Experience with MySQL, perform cleanups and performance tuning on DB
- Experience setting up, supporting and using automation tools that do Robotic Processing Automation (Blue Prism), chat bots (Amelia), PDF Extraction (ABBYY FlexiCapture & FineReader) ETL (Xceptor), BPM (Signavio), NLP (Eigen), Incident management ( ServiceNow), SIEM (Splunk),
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize across multiple projects and assignments. Must be able to deliver and meet timelines in a fast-paced follow-the-sun support model.
- Strong data analysis and demonstrated problem-solving capabilities to Coordinate and test application upgrades, new releases, and patches for multiple applications
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well on a team and with external vendors, while at the same time being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Skills to drive major collaborative vendor engagement for POC, faster delivery of the newest technologies and managing high uptime for existing applications
- A student of technology that stays abreast of new and emerging tools that have the potential to positively transform our automation processes/tools.
- Since this role will require frequent collaboration with multiple stakeholders (within and outside of BLK), this candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate and present technical information to both a technical and a non-technical audience.
- Strong documentation skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio
- Microsoft Azure as cloud platform
- Application virtualization using Docker \ Kubernetes
- DevOps, DevOps toolchain and CI / CD pipelines
- Non-relational modern databases like Mongo DB
- Identity and authentication technology fundamentals, SAML, OpenID, OAuth
- Usage, implementation of credential management (CyberArk), Incident management (PagerDuty) and Data management pipelines (Informatica)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.