Associate / Vice President - Data Engineer | Gurgaon
Description About this role
FMG is looking for self-starter date engineer to contribute on the big data platform. The data platform is compelling analytics offering, supported by high quality historical data. This encompasses both individual security as well as index constituent levels and portfolio context. This historical data includes indicative information, prices, analytics, exposures, index-related and other fields. This data is fully quality-controlled and can be integrated with client custom data. This data set will be utilized by working with modelers for research and by clients for analytics. To design, implement and maintain this platform we would primarily need Scala and distributed computing knowledge using Hadoop and Spark along with knowledge for data curation and analytical jobs. Experience with DevOps will be handy as we move to cloud. Key Role Responsibilities
Specifically, we expect the role to involve the following core responsibilities and would expect a successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the following (not in order of priority)
- Design, maintenance and ownership of a Data Infrastructure
- Working with the subject matter experts and modelers to understand the business and their requirements. Help determine the optimal data set and structure to deliver on those user requirements
- Understanding the data and setup and monitor the QC/ Surveillance
- Implementation of and maintenance of a standard data / technology deployment workflow to ensure that all deliverables/enhancements are delivered in a disciplined and robust manner
- Experience on Scala
- Knowledge of ETL, data curation and analytical jobs using distributed computing framework with Spark and Hadoop
- Knowledge and Experience of working with large enterprise wide databases
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Cassandra, Spark
- Aptitude for design and building tools for data due diligence and data extraction pipeline
- Java /Python knowledge is a plus
- DevOps and Cloud experience is a plus
- B.E. / B. Tech. / Master's in Computer Science or related field
- 4-10 years of programming experience and 2-5 years of relevant experience
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.