Associate | Financial Market Advisory - Data Analysis and Engineering | Mumbai / Gurgaon
Description About this role About this role
The Financial Markets Advisory business delivers a range of advisory services including sustainability, capital markets, portfolio construction and data & analytics solutions to official sector and financial institution clients globally, including banks and insurance companies. We support our clients on their most critical and complex financial issues - from managing the low carbon transition of the economy and financial sector, to unwinding portfolios of assets, to crafting and executing bond purchase programs to support the economy.
We leverage the firm's sophisticated sustainability, capital markets, data analytics, and technology capabilities, to deliver impact-oriented advisory services, while maintaining an information barrier from the rest of the firm.
Since our founding, we have completed assignments for more than 280 clients in 37 countries. Our professionals work out of all three BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing us to serve clients in all locations and respond to their needs as they arise. In this role you will partner with:
- Internally: you will leverage BlackRock's unparalleled capabilities across Sustainable Investing, Capital Markets, Aladdin (incl. Aladdin Climate), and Research functions
- Externally: you will engage with financial institutions, regulators, central banks and governments, providing advisory services to institutions in both the public and private sector
Key skills and qualifications:
- Execution of global, complex, and high-profile projects on sustainability, climate risk, econometric and financial modeling, valuation of complex exposures, Insurance and data engineering using suite of programming languages like python and tools
- Model Implementation, Data Analysis - Development, implementation, and execution of Sustainability projects, Climate risk models, bespoke analytical assignments, financial/ econometric/ regulatory assignments
- Design robust architecture/solution suitable for large scale dataset and provides flexibility to user for what-if analysis, actively presenting and discussing it with project leads
- Enforce BlackRock's fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service and work product to our clients
- Communication/presenting results and analysis to internal/external stakeholders at all project phases
- Collaboration with global engagement managers and project team on overall project execution and content creation
- Work in close partnership with FMA leadership including senior management, business development leads and practice areas heads
- Liaise with the other functions of BlackRock i.e. BSI (BlackRock Sustainable Investing), Financial Modelling Group (FMG) and Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) on project execution
- Minimum of 2-5 years related experience (depending on seniority) in consulting (incl. for financial institutions), financial services or other relevant fields
- Ability to execute projects related to data-driven analytics and statistical / financial modeling utilizing a range of approaches and tools with a track record of outstanding achievements on data engineering, model development, validation, and implementation
- Genuine passion for sustainability, capital markets, insurance, and a self-determined drive to achieve superior performance
- Ability to write/develop and understand complex financial algorithms/statistical models with minimal supervision
- Coding mindset - someone who loves to code and is flexible to quickly switch from one technology to other. Technologies that we work on - R/SAS/Python/VBA/SQL. Programming skills are important since quant/analytical rigor is the secret sauce of our advisory services
- Strong understanding of data structures/architecture, object-oriented concepts, design patterns, and statistical tools
- Exposure to regulatory and stress testing for banks and financial institutions across multiple geographies e.g. IFRS9, BASEL II/III, CCAR, PRA, PPNR, Balance Sheet Management/Optimization
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and, intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex ideas into clear messages
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Strong quantitative and technical skills, including knowledge of and passion for finance, markets and/or sustainability concepts
- Bachelors/Masters in a relevant technical discipline: Computer Science; Math; Statistics; Engineering; Science; Management from top tier institutes
- CFA / FRM is a plus
Your learning & development will include:
- Superior organizational skills, self-starter, and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills; mentors and coaches' resources along the way; leads by example
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently on complex advisory assignments
- Flexible to adapt quickly to different work cultures (read - European, US, Asian) and to travel extensively depending on project requirements
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- A keen interest in financial markets and a built-in drive to achieve superior performance
- Deep and continuous learning experience facing innovative and complex challenges and evolving market trends, allowing to become subject matter expert in topics such as sustainability and capital markets
- Building project management and leadership skills by executing projects
- Gain in-depth programming and technical skills to lead project execution
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.