Associate, Sr. Web Full-Stack Developer
Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world's most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and tackle complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
The position is for a Senior Web Software Engineer within the Investment Systems Development team within the Aladdin Product Group and are responsible for technology utilized by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations. More specifically the role is in the team that works alongside BlackRock's Client Portfolios Solutions (CPS) group, building manager research solutions. You are:
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo.
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them.
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do.
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to tackle the problem.
- Passionate about building quality software and scalable technology to meet the needs of tomorrow.
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology.
- We have strong Java expertise and also work with a range of technologies such as Azure cloud, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Angular and many others.
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on agile innovation.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building UI components using latest in web technologies (e.g. Angular, React, NGRX) and languages (e.g. TypeScript).
- Strong OO skills and design patterns knowledge and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages preferable Java.
- 6+ years hands-on experience developing enterprise software systems.
- B.E./B.S/M.S. in Computer Science from an accredited university.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions.
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development life cycle best practices including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase).
- Exposure to Performance Testing in java and web UI, Supervising using tools such as JMeter, web Profiling / Monitoring tools.
- Exposure to the investment management domain.
- Ability to lead and manage small teams.
- Experience building cloud-native applications.
- Experience developing using NoSQL and distributed storage technologies.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.