Associate, Software Engineer, Global Trading
Description About this role About the role:
We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets. You will have the chance to define and develop new capabilities and engage with multiple development teams and partners across the technology and investing teams. Responsibilities include:
- All aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies.
- Participates in the design and development of innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues and roadblocks around support, testing and development effort
- Understanding financial instruments, concepts, and trading workflows in order to implement related analytics.
- Provide support for our transaction cost platform and resolve issues that arise.
- Collaborate with other developers, market structure, and research to improve analysis capabilities by coming up with creative ideas and discussing new feature requests, issues and resolution etc.
- 4+ years Java Developer with significant experience delivering high-quality large-scale systems meeting client requirements
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems & information retrieval
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages such as Java/Python
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix, and database technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in working with financial products and transaction cost analysis
- 2pm-11pm IST to overlap with NA team with some flexibility in the future.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.