Associate II Software Engineer
- Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with local and Canadian team members, including video/teleconferences for approximately one hour in the evening, once or twice per week.
- Review and understand complex business requirements, clarifying and raising requirements concerns early.
- Rigorously follow established team processes, and eventually identify and implement improvements to the processes.
- Produce and deliver business intelligence reports and data extracts for both internal and external clients.
- Make effective decisions that will measurably impact work assignments, scheduling and the daily planning of work.
- Manage multiple overlapping tasks at once, sometimes 10 or more distinct tasks daily.
- Work with other internal teams (e.g. product managers and account managers) to identify system requirements and to ensure the requirements are being met.
- Define, analyze, design and implement automated processes.
- Anticipate product or deliverable release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve team commitments.
- Investigate and resolve client questions, working independently or with support and direction from the SME.
- Understand connections between diverse systems and how to move data between them.
- Monitor incoming work requests and self-organize your work schedule for optimal productivity.
- Design and implement testing processes for new and existing products.
- Create and maintain internal process documentation, including logic flowcharts and other diagrams.
- Proactively inform appropriate personnel within the team and company about upcoming events that will affect work schedules and team commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships within and across various internal teams.
- B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA / B.E. in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years of professional experience with SQL relational databases (preferably Oracle PL/SQL)
- 2+ years of professional experience with a programming or scripting language
- 3-5 years of professional experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Software development
- Information systems
- Quality assurance
- Data analysis
- Related fields
Nice to Have
- Advanced Excel, including macros using VBA/VB script
- Oracle, including packages
- Unix scripting
- Project management
- DBA experience
- Business analysis
- Quality assurance experience
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.