Associate, Full Stack Developer
Description About this role Team Overview: DataOps Engineering (DOE)
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with powered by technology. BlackRock has become a FinTech platform in the years since - for investment management and technology services for thousands of users around the world. Data is at the core of the Aladdin platform and our ability to consume, store, analyze and gain insight from data is a key component of our competitive advantage.
The DataOps Engineering team builds and maintains a cutting-edge data platform that provides quality data to all users such as investors, operations staff, data scientists, Aladdin applications and engineers. Our goal is to provide highly available, consistent data of the highest quality to our clients, while evolving our platform to deliver exponential scale to the firm and powering the future growth of Aladdin. We engineer high performance data pipelines, provide a fabric to discover and consume data and continually evolve our data storage capabilities. Workflow and Front-end Engineering
Our Front-end team within DataOps Engineering builds web and Java applications across our market data and portfolio analytics pipelines and workflows. We enable over a thousand internal users supporting data operations as well as users at hundreds of clients. The team is responsible for the data management toolkit including ETL pipeline configuration tools, CRUD applications for core data maintenance, data quality inspection tools, customized client request workflows, and back-end APIs to support Aladdin. The key mission for the team is to enable operations teams to deliver high quality data at scale with intuitive tools and a great UX. Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain various front-end and corresponding back-end platform components, working with Product and Program Managers
- Implement new user interfaces and business functionalities to meet evolving business and customer requirements, working with end users, with corresponding clear and concise documentation
- Analyze and improve performance of applications and related operational workflows to improve efficiency and throughput
- Diagnose, research and resolve software defects
- Ensure software stability via documentation, code reviews, regression, unit and user acceptance testing for smooth production operations
- Oversee level 2&3 application support ensuring smooth operation of existing processes, and new business opportunities are being met
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal direction in a globally distributed team
- A passion for engineering highly available, performant full stack applications with a "Student of Markets and Technology" attitude
- 5+ years of professional experience working in teams
- VP-level positions should have experience leading teams delivering critical applications
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field
- Experience in full-stack user-facing application development using web technologies (Angular 2+ ecosystem), Java Swing, and Java based REST API (Spring framework)
- Experience in testing frameworks such as Protractor, TestCafe, Jest
- Experience crafting wireframes for prototyping UX
- Experience in financial services is desirable (investment banking/asset management)
- Knowledge in relational database development and at least one NoSQL Database (e.g. Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design with Design Patterns expertise is a must
- Prior experience in supporting Java servers, web apps, Swing applications is an added advantage
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (analysis, design, development, testing) and basic understanding of Agile / Scrum methodology and practices
- Dev Ops with Azure Dev OPS or equivalent git based SDLC practices is helpful
- Passion to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking and effective communication skills are a must
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to other technologies such as Python
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.