Associate, Application Engineering
Description About this role As an Application Engineer Associate, you will:
What You'll Need:
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards.
- Participating actively in multi-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- Be a role model, mentor the junior developers and contribute to inclusive team culture.
- Apply quality software engineering practices through SDLC
Nice To Have:
- 6+ years hands-on experience developing enterprise software systems.
- Strong foundation in Java and Java-based frameworks such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, J2EE, etc
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Expertise working with project managers, technical leads and analysts across the SDLC lifecycle; understand systems requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and time management abilities
- Proficiency in building and passionate about creating great products that solve big problems
- Strong analytical skills and passion to understand existing systems
- Ability to lead and manage small teams.
- Experience building cloud-native applications.
- Experience in reporting framework like BIRT, Jasper, Apache FOP
- Experience working in an agile development team or on opensource development projects
- Prior experience working in a finance domain company.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.