Associate - Accounting Services (IAG)
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Global Accounting & Performance team (‘GAP’) provides accounting and performance measurement services to clients across the financial services spectrum, from funds through to separate accounts, where a shadow accounting service is performed, and outsourced financial accounting for insurance clients.
This role is part of the Investment Accounting Group (‘IAG’) within GAP, delivering outsourced financial accounting services to insurance companies who are generally clients of BRS. The IAG team is currently embarked on a strategic upgrade of the accounting and operational platform, including end-client delivery, and full integration with the latest Aladdin tools. The business is also actively looking for ways to extend the current service offering with the addition and full support of alternative asset classes.
• Respond to daily requests for information from assigned clients
• Prepare, review, and/or ensure distribution of various accounting packages and reporting schedules to clients according to specified timeframes
• Ensure data reviews and checks are performed to validate accuracy and completeness of data used in reporting
• Ensure adequate controls, procedures and processes are in place and are followed by staff members during the completion of their work
• Analyze accounting data and provide commentary regarding accounting results
• Assist in special projects and initiatives to enhance the service offering
• Develop understanding of accounting policy and pronouncements to ensure reporting follows the standards
• Leverage technology to provide improved service to clients
The role holder is a professional with strong knowledge of accounting concepts and controls and various investment types. Understanding of the requirements for various accounting basis (GAAP, US Statutory, IFRS, UK GAAP, CAD GAAP, etc) is essential to this role.
• BS degree in Finance or Accounting (CA / ICWA / M.Com)
• 3+ years related work experience preferred
• Knowledge of Insurance related reporting – Schedule D, Stat, etc. also preferred
• Strong and effective communication skills to deal directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management
• Ability to prioritize to balance multiple requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
• Strong decision making skills to make well thought out decisions based on the information provided and to obtain further assistance/clarification when necessary
• Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy
• Strong initiative to follow up on outstanding issues – identify what needs to be done and act
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Ability to identify and implement business process improvement discipline
• Technical and process improvement mindset to identify and drive improvements
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.