Associate/Vice President, Investment Strategy- Client Fulfillment
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Portfolio Solutions
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers (Client CIOs) offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions – Americas, EMEA and APAC – with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience.
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a whole-portfolio basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin’s industry-leading analytics, we are committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Client Fulfilment “CF” team works within Client Portfolio Solutions to manage the implementation of Client Solutions Outsourced CIO and other client engagements. Rooted in BlackRock’s longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the Client Fulfilment team collaborates with teams across the firm to ensure an outstanding client experience for Client Portfolio Solutions clients and to ensure consistency and best practice across the collection of Client Portfolio Solutions mandates.
What you will be doing
- Providing local management and oversight to team of diverse individuals in the BlackRock Gurgaon office who have reporting responsibilities to the US and EMEA CF Heads.
- Ensure clear accountability for deliverables within the team and serve as the escalation point for the regional heads.
- Manage day to day work flows to maximise efficiencies on team.
- Using excel automation coding skills (Aladdin ATX), design and produce outstanding best in class regular and ad hoc reporting for high profile CPS clients drawing upon the BlackRock systems and data.
- Assisting the investment reporting production groups and operational teams, including quality control reviews of reports produced by them.
- Responsible for the operational aspects of Client Portfolio Solutions mandates, ensuring the client set-up conforms to best practice for the BlackRock operating platform.
- Ensuring investment changes for both new and existing clients implemented by Client Solutions Portfolio Managers and Investment Strategists are reflected in client deliverables.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance Client Portfolio Solutions’ operating environment to enhance all deliverables to clients.
- Providing subject matter expert support to the stakeholders responsible for handling client queries relating to CPS operational set-up including client mandates, implementation and reporting.
- Responsible for resolving requests from clients, third party managers and internal teams regarding operational and data aspects.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing third party manager invoices coordinating with BlackRock teams and third-party managers to ensure timely payment and accurate records.
We are looking for people who are:
Accountable: You feel personal ownership and passion for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Finishers: You drive things to completion
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Open: You value and respect input from others
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Fiduciary: You maintain integrity in every aspect of performance
What you should have
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher-level qualification and demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Previous experience in asset management or financial services, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent Excel VBA coding and other coding skills such as Python to draw on Aladdin data
- Knowledge of capital markets investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Cash-related products) and of Derivatives
- A basic core understanding of the operation and applicability of derivatives to pension and insurance clients
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences
- Experience managing and working with multiple stakeholders
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Excellent team playeri>
- Achievement of CFA, FRM, FSA or equivalent qualifications (or progress towards) encouraged but is not required
- A broad operational investment background is essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.