Associate- Marketing and Distribution Compliance
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Company Description:
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At December 31, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6.288 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of January, 2018, the firm had approximately 15,793 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com
To help ensure BlackRock is regarded, and continues to be regarded, by regulators and peers as a company with high compliance standards by supporting the implementation, continued development, growth and maintenance of an effective cross-border marketing & compliance monitoring program.
- Support the Marketing & Distribution Compliance team in the continuous build out of the cross-border marketing & sales compliance framework by helping in drafting and maintenance of marketing and sales related guidance documents
- Advice business units and compliance on sales and marketing activities related requirements
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of training material and/or business friendly guidance documents
- Support in conducting marketing & distribution related trainings for the business
- Liaise with stakeholders and/or employees to ensure awareness of cross-border marketing & sales related as well general marketing and distribution policies and compliance requirements thereto
- Support the regional coordination and review of marketing materials
- Support technology initiatives to optimize, automate & scale processes & workflow tools
Given the large number of regional compliance processes which are being handled in India, this role assumes significant importance. The candidate has an opportunity to be involved in global and regional initiatives and will receive on the job training, acquiring product knowledge and exposure to multiple cross border legal and regulatory requirements.
- Relevant experience in a Compliance, Legal or Audit function at a law firm, fund house/bank or financial institution
- Good understanding of asset management products and business activities
- Good legal research, interpretation and drafting skills
- Experience in drafting compliance policies, procedures, guidelines
- Prior experience in cross border sales related advise preferred
- Prior experience in the review of sales and marketing material preferred
- Sound understanding of significance of regulatory risk assessment, review and relevance of mitigating controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business internally and externally
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work autonomously
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other system applications
- High level of expertise in Excel, strong technical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels and work with global team in a matrix driven organization.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.