Associate-Fixed Income Research- Utilities (Gurgaon/Mumbai)
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Level 2 Organization Business description: Fixed Income
With over 400 investment professionals across the Americas, APAC and EMEA, and with a combined ~$1.45 trillion of AUM, Global Fixed Income (GFI) provides clients with the most comprehensive and diverse investment strategies in the market today. Each of the investment teams within GFI is responsible for delivering performance and continuing to evolve and improve their investment process so that future performance can be delivered.
Brief description of where the role rests within the group:
The Analyst/Associate will be part of the Credit Research team in Gurgaon/Mumbai.
- Fundamental research on companies that can be used by senior analyst based in NY to make recommendations to portfolio managers of ‘buy and hold’ accounts as well as managers of ‘total return’ accounts
- Preparing and maintaining/updating financial models with projections
- Writing Credit reports
- Maintaining comparative company analysis
- Relaying information from conference calls, industry conferences, and discussions with management/rating agencies
- preparing questions for management
- dialing into road shows and updating views on new issuances
- Ongoing monitoring of coverage names for:
- Restructuring, event risk, capital structure, dominant/controlling shareholders, disruption
- Preparing Earnings Summaries
- Working on adhoc projects based on topical issues/trends/reforms impacting industries
- Preparing industry databases, thematic reports, sections of presentations
- Annual write-ups for cash management business
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear, concise, and constructive manner
- Strong Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Finance with superior academic record; CFA will be an added advantage
- Experience in writing credit reports
- Excellent credit skills demonstrated through prior relevant experience working as a research analyst
- Familiarity with financial databases like Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.