Application Development Tech Lead
The role would involve developing JSR 168/286 Portlets using Liferay Generic Portlet, MVC portlet and Spring MVC Portlet. and requires ability to develop Layouts and Themes in Liferay Portal. Responsibilities
Design & Build
• Create low level design documents (including code samples/outlines) and detailed engineering specifications based on complex business, user and non-functional (e.g., performance, reliability, balance and controls) requirements.
• Write code, adhering to coding standards, procedures and techniques.
• Maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications. Complete project deliverables using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Actively participate in the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review and code review external to team).
• Ensure quality of work completed by vendor partners.
• Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides.
• Create and properly archive all project related documentation.
Test & Execute
• Unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to quality assurance.
• Quickly resolve all unit test issues.
• Assist quality assurance in identifying test cases and creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
• Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production.
• Approve code to be put into production.
• Provide implementation/production support as required.
Work in partnership with the project team and business to fully understand project goals and requirements and use this knowledge to effectively plan and execute the development process.
Asset Stewardship & Troubleshooting
• Improve the health of system assets by identifying enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption.
• Process & Technical Guidance
• Guide the development team to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases of the development lifecycle.
Maintain Skill Set & Relationships
• Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and project teams.
• Ability to do Liferay Portal Customizations with hooks and EXT plugins.
• Ability to have deep understanding of Liferay CMS.
• Experience in using Liferay ADT and ftl templating.
• Ability to Design on Liferay based application development.
• Develop design guidelines with respect to Liferay customizations.
• Ability to Design & Develop high-volume, low-latency distributed web applications using java/j2ee and frameworks like Spring, Struts and Hibernate.
• Experience with HTTP, REST API's and competent designing and building web services/microservices.
• Ability to develop applications using Oracle 11g/12c, MySql and SQL Server.
• Experience in frontend based development using jquery, bootstrap, require and Alloy UI libraries.
• Participate in full development lifecycle activities (coding, testing, performance and release activities)
• Experience using development methodologies like SDLC, Agile, Sprint and SCRUM.
• Plans and Executes Development activities for all CorpComm Portals and Digital Advisor Applications.
• Ability to write test cases using JUnit, EasyMockTest, Portlets using Mockito and PowerMockito.
• Experience in using source control management SCM tools like Git, Git Bash and GIT UI.
• Experience in using Maven and Gradle build tools.
• Ability to use code quality management tools like SONAR. Measure code coverage and track tech debt. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience
• 7-10 years of experience coding and/or designing in relevant programming languages (specific required languages will vary by position).
• 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of Liferay Portal and CMS applications.
• Demonstrated experience coding and/or designing in multiple environments. Preferred Qualifications
• Hands-on experience in developing Liferay Portals, Content Management Systems and distributed applications developed on Java/J2EE Tech stack.
• 5 years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of Liferay Portal and CMS applications.
• Good understanding on CI/CD concepts and have hands on experience in integrating Liferay portals to CI/CD pipeline
• Good understanding of container-based development and experience in containerizing Liferay Portals
• Desirable Hands -on expertise on Bootstrap, require and Alloy UI programming concepts along with problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to successfully translate client/business needs into software designs.
• Proven analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing limitations.
• Understand and apply both current technical solution elements (specific tools, components, and frameworks) and abstract elements (algorithms and architectures).
• Effectively applies technology/engineering knowledgebase to multiple and evolving programs and languages.