Analyst / Associate, Data Engineer Development/QA & Testing
Description About this role Introduction to BlackRock and Active Equities:
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital markets, and continually aims to broaden and deepen its investment and risk management capabilities. Our commitment to analytical and investment excellence is anchored in a culture that places clients' interests first. We exclusively act as a fiduciary to our clients, never trading as a principal or on our own behalf.
Today, BlackRock serves institutional, retail, and high net worth investors in more than 100 countries. Through the efforts of over 16,000 professionals in 30 countries, we leverage our global expertise and scale to serve our clients. BlackRock is the largest publicly traded asset manager in the world, with assets under management ("AUM") of $8.67 trillion as of Dec 2020.
BlackRock PMG has created Data Strategies & Solutions to help global research teams focus on alternative data as a new channel for insight.
- Leading investors to better decisions, higher conviction and inquisitive ideas by empowering them with access to new data sources and tools to makes sense of it.
- Partnering with dozens of investment groups in BlackRock - we get first access to lots of interesting data problems every month, covering just as many strategies and asset classes
- On a mission! To expand and make more impact using innovation, people and processes.
You will be doing:
Qualifications: Who you are:
- Help create a test-first and test-driven engineering culture
- Have a solid understanding of coding and programming languages and how to apply them to effectively test.
- Analyze workflows and test scenarios to rectify scope of testing and inefficiencies.
- Run and troubleshoot manual test scripts against data and/or applications.
- Coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback on quality issues.
- Build data level accuracy and completeness tests based on algorithms
- Contribute to and support our shared strategic technology agenda.
- Research and analyze system and software requirements to understand how new and/or modified features are expected to interact and behave and how best to test them.
- Identify, document, and track requirement, technical review, test plan, test procedure, test case, and automated test issues to closure.
- Prepare materials for, conduct, and/or participate in engineering technical reviews such as design, code, and peer reviews.
- Perform root cause analysis of identified issues.
- Leveraging automation tools to perform testing
- Participate and contribute to the creation of automation and internal tools
- Technical - you love technology, you love to discuss it, build it, use it, hack it and modernize it
- Interpretation and understanding of file formats such as .xml, .csv and JSON and the conversion from one to another
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile SDLC
- Expertise in data quality analysis and testing
- Experience creating automation frameworks
At least 2 years or more of experience working in a QA or Testing team. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.