Analyst, Technology Procurement & Sourcing
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
Sourcing and Vendor Management (SVM) is part of BlackRock's Finance organization. The SVM team helps to negotiate agreements with its vendors to help achieve optimum value, identify and mitigate vendor risks and provides strategic advice to our clients. This role is based in Gurgaon and it is a part of a distributed team mainly based in New York, Gurgaon, Budapest and London. Background:
SVM seeks a technology- and business-savvy entry-level professional to support the deal life-cycle for some or all of the following sourcing and procurement subcategories: software as a service (SaaS), telecommunications, networking, and information security, and other IT procurement-related initiatives on behalf of the Firm. Principal duties include:
- Partner with Technology Leads, Third-Party Risk, and Legal teams around the world in the negotiation of software licensing agreements and circuit orders, including amendments and change requests.
- Compose detailed statements of work (SOWs) in collaboration with the relevant business group.
- Proactively identify, prioritize and manage the pipeline of sourcing requests including appropriate management level reporting and tracking
- Own price negotiations and contract "red-lining" (i.e. drafting and editing).
- Assist with development of strategic sourcing opportunities through competitively driven bidding, trial agreements, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process reengineering
- A demonstrated passion for the technology sector, including a comprehensive understanding of IT market drivers, trends, and dynamics.
- Very strong English writing, reading, and speaking skills such that the candidate may learn how to review contracts and draft legal language.
- Sufficient data analysis and financial modelling skills so as to build multiple negotiation scenarios, total cost of ownership models, consumption models, and demand forecasts using Excel formulas, macros and pivot tables.
- Strong MS Office skills; particularly Word and Excel. Working experience with Coupa, DocuSign, Miro, Microsoft Power BI, SharePoint or Pay-to-Procure platforms desired, but not required.
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious with very strong active listening skills
- Self-confident, urgent, organized, customer-oriented, and articulate
- Superb attention to detail with an ability to perform data analyses quickly and accurately
- Ability to write professionally and clearly in Business English
- Ability to engage and influence others through direct phone discussion
- Ability to deliver in fast paced environment with tight deadlines and demands
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle projects and deals at different stages of their lifecycle
- Flexible approach and flexibility in working hours from 2 PM - 11 PM IST to meet business needs (for collaboration and coordination with colleagues and vendor located in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent
- MBA or Post Graduate in IT or other similar technical degree.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is crucial.
- Sophisticated communication skills are essential
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.