Analyst, Java Full-Stack Engineer
Description About this role
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational perfection, BlackRock's operations teams ensure BlackRock's corporate, mid- and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue the build out of Aladdin's investment management and operational capabilities.
The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on software developer to work on an exciting strategic product to expand our Aladdin Platform. Working with a global team you will be part of an outstanding group of engineers setting, evolving the technology direction of our upcoming suit of applications for Reporting.
You will be passionate about all aspects of enterprise software development - performance, security, usability and maintainability. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged to bring your ideas forward to help shape the technical solutions. Hence you will have excellent interpersonal skills and be very comfortable presenting your ideas to senior leaders.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to engage and deliver change on a global scale.
In this role you will be hands-on developing highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin's industry leading suite of applications for ETF trading.
Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing.
As a member of the development team, you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets. Responsibilities include:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Work alongside project managers, technical leads and business analysts to contribute throughout the SDLC cycle.
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects.
- Understand and refine business and functional requirements.
- Ensure software stability via documenting, code reviews, regression, unit and user acceptance testing so production operations run successfully.
- Partner with client support teams to provide level two support.
Nice to have:
- 2 - 4 years of programming experience
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Extensive knowledge in a Java 8+, J2EE, Spring, HIbernate, JUnit, Mockito (or similar), Maven
- Solid understanding of SQL, relational databases (e.g. Sybase, SQL Server)
- Knowledge around Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented development principles
- Able to work in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments and adapt their technical ability quickly
- Some experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes
- Experience working in an agile development team or on opensource development projects
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Apache Cassandra Database.
- Experience with Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure
- Good Spoken and Written Communication skills, should be able to converse freely with global counterparts
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement change
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy & has an eye for detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Able to self-study and motivate and learn new concepts with minimal guidance
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environment across several time zones
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.