Description About this role
The mission of the Finance Platform Strategies (FPS) team is to ensure optimized operating models within Finance, consistent across our global functional teams as appropriate. To promote this objective, we connect key Finance resources with relevant functional and technical specialists from across BlackRock and partner to identify and document business requirements, design and deliver effective solutions, and provide ongoing support and oversight of the Finance ecosystem and our critical processes. Global FPS team members serve as internal change management consultants who apply knowledge of BlackRock's resources - people, process, data and technology - to ensure concepts become reality in support of both new business initiatives and ongoing business process improvement. Our Finance ecosystem includes Oracle Cloud Financials including Accounting Hub Cloud Service (AHCS) and Financial Close & Consolidation Cloud Service (FCCS), Microsoft Dynamics 365, Coupa, Concur, Cognos Analytics and TM1, and our proprietary BlackRock Aladdin platform. Role Responsibility:
This role requires understanding business needs, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into solutions for decision making and streamlined processes.
- Support strategic projects to successful completion, whether global or regionally oriented, by interacting with teams whose members can represent a wide range of BlackRock functional groups across regions
- Understand corporate operating procedures, identify functional gaps and work with Finance leadership to close such gaps
- Contribute to the buildout, testing, code migration and maintenance of the Oracle Cloud Financials and Microsoft Dynamics 365 installations at BlackRock
- Provide day-to-day user support
- Perform testing of system functionality as new versions are released, prior to engaging end users in acceptance testing.
- Create/update training guides and training videos, and conduct live user training sessions
- Manage monthly data processing to support financial close activities
- Partner with functions across the global Finance organization to understand and solution business use cases for automation
- Provide ongoing project communications, including status reports and issue escalations, in a concise and direct manner so that key stakeholders stay informed
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current business processes within Finance globally
- Strong technical skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (advanced/expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exposure to programming languages (such as Visual Basic, Python, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL, MS SQL) and OLAP technology are beneficial
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Oracle ERP configuration skills preferred
- Background in Finance, IT, or similar fields preferred
- Strategic, creative thinker; solutions and service oriented
- Self-starter able to drive positive progress proactively with limited manager direction
- Focused attention to detail; high standards for quality and accuracy in work product
- Strong work ethic and accountability owner
- Professional, positive, collegial demeanor; collaborative relationship builder
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management and able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.