Analyst, Data Analytics/Data Science
Description About this role Business Overview
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA Investment Risk's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in BlackRock's portfolios are fully understood by our portfolio managers and senior management and are consistent with clients' objectives. We also help build "state-of-the-practice" quantitative models and analytics that help inform risk taking and portfolio construction across the firm. RQA team members tackle real-world problems, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to provide tangible solutions in the investment management process. Strategic Projects & Operations
RQA's Strategic Projects & Operations (SPO) Group works on key data driven initiatives and provides customized analysis of investment performance for RQA across various investment teams and management committees. The team:
- Actively works on data driven strategic projects which enables the risk managers to expand their oversight to firm wide portfolios
- Builds intelligent and scalable algorithms to help risk managers better identify outliers
- Provides the necessary oversight and analytics used in reporting and presenting investment performance in BlackRock.
- Actively participates and leads in setting the investment performance analysis, reporting and presentation policies and standards in BlackRock.
This individual will be part of the Global RQA team. We are looking for candidates with proven managerial skills and exceptional business, technical, quantitative and communication skill to join RQA. Candidates will work with Risk Managers across the globe to solve business problems through data analytics, automation and technology solutions.
- Evaluate data, including pre-processing, feature engineering, variable selection, dimensionality reduction etc.
- Leverage machine learning to extract insights from data and work with risk managers to put those into action
- Design, develop models/ML solutions
- Implement the model and integrate the model into Aladdin analytical system in accordance with BlackRock's model governance policy
- Expertise in running multiple concurrent projects based on requirements.
- Proactively escalate relevant issues
- Analyze and capture functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts) and help identify the right solutions
- Understand flow of information and data between various groups and systems.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- B.Tech / B.E. / M.Sc. degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Finance or similar area)
- Knowledgeable about data mining, data analytics, data modeling
- 2+ years of experience of working in Python.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Confident in building models to solve problems including time series forecasting, clustering problems and hands on experience with a range of statistical and machine learning approaches.
- Outstanding software development, analytical and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively as part of a global team in fast paced environment
- Knowledge of other languages like: SQL, R or similar is an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.