Analyst, Credit Risk Management
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Job Purpose / Background:
RQA’s Counterparty & Concentration Risk team is charged with actively managing global counterparty credit risk exposures in accordance with the firm’s fiduciary mandate, as well as providing transparency of credit-related portfolio and firm-wide concentrations. The principal responsibilities of this Analyst position within the Counterparty & Concentration Risk team will be to support the global team function with a focus upon the global counterparty exposure analysis, reporting and oversight processes.
What the RQA group at BlackRock has:
- The opportunity to provide real world solutions that help preserve and protect the hopes and dreams of (literally) billions of people around the world
- Over $6 trillion in assets that we help risk manage for our clients
- A team of world-class risk managers and quants partnering with portfolio management teams to oversee our clients’ portfolios
- Colleagues and subject matter expertise across the globe in investing, macroeconomics, financial modeling and strategy
- Highly competitive HR benefits and a consistently high ranking in the list of best places to work in finance
What you have:
- A strong problem solving mindset with an ability to explain analytical solutions in simple but impactful terms.
- A passion for applying efficient coding techniques to real-world problems including identification of credit / counterparty risks and exposures arising from clients’ investment activities.
- A desire to expand your knowledge of investment markets and products while working with energetic and experienced counterparty credit risk management colleagues.
- The view that risk management is a partnership between investment managers and risk managers.
- A sound ethical compass, demonstrable integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing.
What you might also have:
- A graduate / post-graduate degree in engineering, finance, computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Solid coding skills in R, Python, VBA, SQL, etc.
- An industry certification from GARP or similar organization (or are working on it)
- Previous work experience in a risk management / risk reporting role.
- Familiarity with the Aladdin platform would be an advantage.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.