Analyst- RQA Strategic Projects & Operations
- Not Specified
- Gurgaon, Haryana, India Gurgaon Haryana IN
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
Risk and Quantitative Analysis’ (RQA) is BlackRock’s independent risk management function and is responsible for managing the firm’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. Within fiduciary risk, RQA’s investment risk team focuses on market, credit and liquidity risk in client accounts across Fixed Income, Equities, Multi Asset, Alternatives and ETF and Institutional Index (EII) accounts. The team’s responsibilities include risk measurement and analysis and advising portfolio management teams on portfolio construction, hedging, and other risk management techniques.
This individual will be part of the Global RQA team. We are looking for candidates with proven managerial skills and exceptional Business, technical, quantitative and communication skill to join RQA. Candidates will work with Risk Managers across the globe to solve business problems through automation and technology solutions. They will also act as a strong link with the technology teams in Aladdin Product group to help define business requirements for developing strategic solutions
The incumbent should be experienced in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java) and multiple technologies (Hadoop, Spark etc.) to support requirements of diverse nature and demands of the team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Expertise in running multiple concurrent projects based on requirements.
- Manage delivery of tactical technology development and requirements for successful on time/ on Scope/ on Budget delivery.
- Proactively escalate relevant issues
- Analyze and capture functional and technical requirements through collaboration with SMEs (other technical leads and business analysts) and help identify the right solutions
- Facilitate cross-organizational communication and act as the point of contact for RQA with technology teams to develop strategic solutions.
- Understand flow of information and data between various groups and systems.
- Support and complete various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts.
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Supporting RQA community through incisive consulting and advisory work on technology delivery
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
Candidates should have an expressed interest in tackling the difficult real world problems, analytics and reporting. The candidate is required to have outstanding business, communication, presentation and leadership skills. An attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in fast paced environment are other important characteristics.
- Experience in building analytical tools/products
- Experience in designing user interface elements like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that help demonstrate the dashboards/ML model outputs clearly
- Self-help attitude towards new technology combined with a quick ability to size up new projects
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms and distributed compute engines a plus
- Knowledge of market data tools like Lipper, Bloomberg, and Morningstar etc. is advantage though not mandatory for the role
- Proven track record working successfully with projects that include a significant technology delivery component
- Demonstrated track record working successfully managing changing demands and circumstances; capable of responding resourcefully to ambiguity
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Displays thought leadership
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Being able to multi task and prioritize work
- Flexible work schedule
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.