- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
AVP - Middle Office
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaThe AVP position serves a primary local leadership role for a large-scale team that recently experienced rapid growth, and is now in a stabilization phase. The Gurgaon-based team delivers transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services, quality assurance reviews and other broad operational support internally to RTS and externally to MIS business partners.
Responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
• Provide consistent and reliable leadership, guidance and oversight to the local team and communicate routinely with London-based manager to provide transparency, updates and consolidated reporting for the team's activities and productivity.
• Oversee 3 managers to ensure excellence in service delivery, meeting or exceeding SLAs and KPI targets; ensure resource sufficiency and balance to support the service delivery model
• Work with London-based manager to deliver on key initiatives critical to the execution of MIS strategies; share strategic ideas and tactical solutions to drive business processes
• Willingness to learn and understand each of the processes in scope as well as the bigger picture of how they support the business and overall MIS objectives; ability to effectively build local team's understanding and awareness of the impact of their work, and the results that they help drive
• Build strong knowledge of MIS policies and guidelines applicable to the processes to provide effective guidance to the team, and to support solutioning and decision-making when faced with an exceptional scenarios not covered by process steps
• Conduct regular 1:1 touch points meeting with direct reports and routine skip-level meetings with associate-level
• Provide consolidated dashboard reporting on local productivity, KPIs and capacity utilization
• Promptly and efficiently connect local and regional partners to solve problems, build consensus on and make recommendations for a path forward when faced with an obstacle or new scenario; brainstorm ideas/opportunities to improve and strengthen the process/operating environment
• Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and business partners, and be a helpful and responsive resource to the immediate team and managers
• Participate in cross-functional projects related to the end-to-end MIS ratings process, business transformation directives and evolving regulatory requirements
• Perform root cause analysis, remediations and process improvements to strengthen operational controls, and recommend enhancements to business processes
• Work with RTS team on new initiatives, including ensuring successful implementation and stabilization into to Business As Usual
• Identify and track the status of outstanding projects (including issues, risks, and dependencies)
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures documentation is up-to-date and accurately representing process steps; collaborate with managers to develop or update content and training materials (e.g. communications, Guidelines, FAQ's, presentations, etc.)
RTS MSC (723110)
• University degree in business management or similar field, experience in a financial services organization is preferable
• Seasoned manager of both people and processes, demonstrating experience overseeing large-scale and/or rapidly expanding teams, preferably with experience in a global team set-up with virtual reporting lines
• Charismatic leader who engages and motivates teams; is effective at building skills, enrolment and ownership in processes; motivated to mentor and develop teams to deliver to a high standard and develop along their career path
• Superior management skills-experience managing up to executive level as well as locally managing direct report mangers and associate levels.
• The ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management is critical to this role, given the virtual reporting relationship, as is the ability to present issues and recommendations clearly and succinctly
• Eager to engage with all levels in the local team to understand their ideas/needs/concerns, and be able to effectively address questions/concerns/issues or escalate as required
• Self-motivated and requires minimal oversight to move deliverables forward and meet deadlines; resourceful and proactive to reach out to collaborate with stakeholders and business partners to remove obstacles and share ideas for improvements
• Willing to take ownership and pride in the process and the team's deliverables, and motivated to provide a high level of service
• Resourceful and proactive, continually seeking ways to make improvements in the process/team/work environment
• Meticulous attention to detail and sound judgment when reviewing and presenting data
• Agility managing and prioritizing high workload volumes, assigning tasks and rebalancing
• Organized and efficient; able to juggle multiple in-progress deliverables and move them forward
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team atmosphere as a supportive, helpful team member to internal and external business partners
• Ability to facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel (VBA, macros, VLookups, etc.), Word and PowerPoint required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.