- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
AVP - Data Analytics
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India- Lead the execution of the DA strategy developed by IA management within the context of audit responsibilities, such as risk assessments, audit planning, creating reusable tools and providing innovative solutions to complex real world problems.
- Drive the integration of DA and associated data visualizations into IA projects to deliver innovative, insightful, and actionable analyses.
- Partner with audit teams to identify risks associated with businesses and facilitate strategic data sourcing and develop innovative solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness of audit testing.
- Build production-ready analytical tools to support repeatable and reusable processes within IA.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Lead teams responsible for shaping and delivering the analytics and insight needed to drive various programs and projects.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Examine, interpret and communicate results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the IA department.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, and compliance with organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of DA employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Provide DA training and guidance to other members of the IA department.
Required - Working knowledge of data analysis principles: inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques, including hypothesis development, and designing tests/experiments to validate these.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling techniques, e.g. regression analyses, variable selection, etc.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and supporting other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- At least 10 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and at least 3 years of experience leading a team.
- Experience in internal audit, internal financial controls or Sarbanes Oxley will be preferred.
- Awareness of internal controls, internal control frameworks and risk standards (e.g. COSO, ISO, NIST, etc.), financial systems and related technology, and GAAP will be preferred.
- The following would be advantageous:
o Advanced experience with querying languages, e.g. SQL, SAS, etc.
o Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
o Knowledge of C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
o Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.