Team Lead -Application Support
GMIT has embarked on a organization and technology transformation project to replace the current service delivery model with an in-house capability using the industry standard processes and tooling.
This role is part of the IT operations responsible for day to day support for of the technical infrastructure support and application environment.
The role will be based out of Bangalore.
• Be part of the global team responsible for supporting Global markets applications operating 24x7 in shifts.
• This role ensures that all day-to-day operational activities are executed in a timely and reliable way.
• Responsible for ensuring that all IT infrastructure, processes, tools, roles are operating as per the service level targets for availability. Follows defined procedures to monitor systems and resolve problems.
• Responsible to bring in automation & tooling enabling the services to be performed consistently in a low touch fashion.
• Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
• May work with project teams to understand business needs. May work with engineers to understand technical requirements.
• May support one or more systems or applications with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
• May develop new alerts and monitoring techniques.
• Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes. Performs a health check based on checklists.
• Monitors system-operating capacity in terms of (e.g., diskspace, storage, and CPU utilization). Monitors hardware/software activities and resource utilization for capacity planning. Identifies problems and optimizes performance, as needed. Escalates when appropriate.
• Prepares performance and control reports.
• Participates in testing efforts. Provides feedback on test results.
• Analyzes and reports on operational metrics to understand performance and to ensure success in process improvements.
• Tests and executes backup and disaster recovery for infrastructure solutions.
• Installs, configures and maintains approved software components. Implements predetermined software to rectify any issues.
• Collects and maintains tracking and configuration documentation and plans.
• Manages user access to systems or applications. Administers the set-up of new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts for enterprise systems.
• 5-8 years of related technology and domain experience with technology degree from reputed college.
• Should have worked in an Enterprise support environment with preferably in Financial service industry managing the support for mission critical applications globally.
• Experienced in Unix administration, Database administration.
• Experienced in installation, configuration, troubleshooting of Middleware tools like JMS, MQ, Kafka.
• Experienced in Tivoli integration, Autosys scripting, apache Airflow scripting
• Should have good understanding of DevOps, Cloud computing and the emerging technologies.
• Hands-on experience in implementing end to end monitoring tools. Should have good understanding of the architecture patterns, system integration approaches and infrastructure dependencies.
• Should have hands-on experience in core Java
• A proven high-impact player with an unparalleled track record for execution and driving change in a collaborative and thoughtful manner.
• Focuses on Customer, Result Oriented, Concerns for quality and standards, Builds Relationships, Exercises Sound Judgment
• Flexibility - responsibilities require ability to work in night shifts and weekend work when needed.
About State Street Global Markets:
At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Through continual evolution it has become one of the world's leading custodial banks.
State Street is a global financial institution with 36,000+ employees, having Offices in 29 countries serving more than 100 markets. We provide liquidity across 34 international markets, with approximately $3.64 trillion in lendable assets.
State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street, provides specialized research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets.