Strategy and Research Intern- Investment Solutions Group
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the world's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. Investment Strategy & Research is the investment team of State Street Global Advisors that conducts multi-asset class research, complex portfolio analytics and develops customized solutions to portfolio requirements for institutional clients globally.
Investment Strategy & Research in Bangalore comes under the broader umbrella of Portfolio Strategy & Research which started its operations in India in March 2016 and now has nearly 40 strong investment professionals focusing on various asset classes and investment functions. The team maintains its presence globally including Boston, London, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Ireland and India. The role offered will be based out of Bangalore, India office.
A broader overview of the firm and its activities can be gained from https://www.ssga.com/ Role
SSGA Investment Strategy & Research Intern Responsibilities
- Holdings- and returns-based absolute & benchmark relative risk analysis on single asset class and multi asset class portfolios using risk models to understand exposure to factors
- Performance attribution, and custom client-driven analysis using proprietary tools
- Analysis of existing and proposed downside risk management portfolio overlays
- Constructing optimal strategic asset allocation as per target risk, return, yield requirements and investment and regulatory constraints and backtest them
- Perform forward looking simulations on various portfolio attributes and conduct historical stress testing and custom scenario analysis
- Producing capital market assumptions for various asset classes on a quarterly basis adding new asset classes and improvising existing forecasting methodology
- Develop a quantitative understanding of passive, smart beta, enhanced and active strategies for equity and fixed income and an investment intuition around markets and macro
- The role will expand over time to incorporate broader responsibility, to be accountable for timely deliverables on client portfolio research, analytics projects, to participate in long term thematic research and to maintain relationship with global stakeholders
- Master's Degree in finance, econometrics, science or another highly quantitative subject
- Understanding of investment analysis and investment process, investment styles such as value/growth investing, factor investing etc.
- Familiarity with Institutional Investment Practices and Buy Side Portfolio Management concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Preference to
- 2-3 years of experience in the investment management industry
- Familiarity with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, BarraOne, Axioma, Morningstar Direct and portfolio management systems)
- Proficiency with a statistical software package such as Matlab or R
- Experience of writing technical and research reports
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certifications- completed or in progress
- Self-driven and initiative led behavior