Area of Responsibility -
- Technology and Business
- Act as a core database programming and designing of databases using SQL and no SQL models for all project needs
- Individual contributor role with hands on database programming - 6 plus years
- Work with development leads, product owners and develop databases and analytics to drive the execution of product development and ensure on time delivery, cost and quality specs.
- Accountable for providing deep dive focus on different database technologies - open source technologies - mongo db, Postgres db etc.
- Keen and aware of the business and technological opportunities and challenges
- Understand the business priorities and requirements, architect/develop solutions to meet the business need .
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Proficient in processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis .
- Experience using statistical computer languages R, Python and Tableau etc.. to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets as added advantage
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts. regression properties of distributions statistical tests and proper usage etc. and experience with applications.is an added advantage
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban development.
- Well understanding of Agile and Scrum practices in the field of software development
Engineering degree/MCA computer science with 6 plus years of experience in database technologies and ETL tools using SQL Server 2012-2017, Postgres/MongoDB, SQL Server BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Python/R, Tableau/Power BI
- Proven Track Record of Delivering End to End database development for projects
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Quick learner
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.