Primary Duties / Responsibilities
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Work closely with the software development team in Bangalore to establish objectives
- Develop software applications as per the IHSMarkit software development standards using Agile software development practices
- Study user requirements and estimate the development efforts accurately for all assigned user stories
- Build strong algorithms, study business requirements, interact with product owners and propose ideas /solutions for user interface /UX development needs.
- Creates a collaborative and innovative environment in the team
- Drives effort to define and improve software development processes/standards
- Well-versed with Agile software practices is key
- Minimum 4 years of hands on experience in web based application development
- Open to latest open source technologies and implementation
- Recognized as a software developer with minimum 4 plus years of hands on experience in web based software development, with a proven ability to consistently transform complex user tasks into simple, efficient, and polished user experiences for multiple complex web or software applications with a large and varied group of users.
• .NET 4.0 and upwards with Visual Studio
• Hands on experience in UX/UI Development
• Hands on experience in multiple jQuery frameworks, Angular 2.0 & above, NodeJS
• Hands on experience in C#, ASP.NET & MVC, Web API, and Preferred knowledge on Core
• Depth Knowledge in at least one RDBMS SQL Server 2008+ and one open source database like Postgres, Mongo etc..
• Depth Knowledge of Entity Framework 4.0+ or any other ORM tool.
• Depth Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Library
• Well versed with practical OOPs concepts and demonstrates workable knowledge of the same.
• Good Communication, flexible to move on projects per business need
• Proactive, self-learner Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, And Experience)
- B-Tech /MCA in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 4 plus years of directly related hands on experience in Software Development - web based application
- Experience in working as a software developer in product based solutions - enterprise level software, multi users platforms
- Any latest technology certification is an added advantage
- Strong verbal and Written communication is a big plus point
- Positive attitude, self-learning and team player mind set are few key essential soft skills
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.