Senior Software Engineer
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Ability to be a senior leader of a team of developers.
- Strong background in Oracle Apex development.
- Understanding of Oracle application configuration, SQL, PL/SQL package/procedure based programming, database object modeling, performance tuning for custom extensions, data conversions, data reporting and interface development.
- Applying documented program standards and conventions and assisting in development of the same.
- Developing and implementing appropriate error handling techniques.
- Familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle and the ability to follow through to code implementation, including Unit Testing and ongoing support.
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects are necessary.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, and management skills.
- Demonstrable proficiency with: Oracle 11g/12C databases, PL/SQL packages, functions and stored procedures
- Knowledge of Java Script, JQuery Ajax, XML, CSS are preferred
- SOAP based Web Services
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing Oracle APEX applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.