- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaThis is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join Moody's Investor Service Support Centre in India.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successes developing quality software solutions, liaising directly with stakeholders and adapting to the evolving needs of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with thought leaders in corporate credit risk and gain
global exposure to the high yield and leveraged loan asset classes within corporate finance, and to
some degree within structured finance (specifically collateralized loan obligations or CLOs).This role
will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work without close supervision.
The MIS technology teams play a key role in ensuring Moody's ability to deliver the highest quality structured, fundamental and public finance ratings. The teams work directly with the ratings analysts to provide quantitative modelling, financial analytics and data driven software solutions.
The SFG Technology team is the largest of the MIS technology teams, and supports a substantial portfolio of quantitative model and platforms used on a daily basis by structured finance analysts globally. The team is located in London, New York and Bangalore,and reports to the senior management of the structured finance analytical group companies.
• BE (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field.
• Writing/enhancing code in C# (.Net 4.5 onwards), leveraging our in-house Framework
• Writing/enhancing SQL queries (MS SQL Server 2012 onwards)
• Debugging and fixing issues
• Analyzing and optimizing database performance
• Working with Project Lead to specify/write/enhance WCF Services
• Working with Project Owner and Project Lead to specify/design/build enhancements to the
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in English a must
• Detail oriented and highly organised
• Rigorous and analytical thought process
• Experienced in working to tight deadlines
• Experience in Financial Services is advantageous
• Able to work on own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.