- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- IG Group
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Full time
- 27 Jun 19
IG empowers informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, the company puts client needs at the heart of everything it does.
IG’s vision is to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, it continued leading the way by launching the world’s first online and iPhone trading services.
IG is now an award-winning, multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex. It provides leveraged services with the option of limited-risk guarantees, and offers an execution-only share dealing service in the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands. IG has recently launched a range of affordable, fully managed investment portfolios, to provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, including a Swiss bank, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the US, where it offers on-exchange limited risk derivatives via the Nadex brand.
*Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016)
Senior DeveloperJob Title
Java middleware programming for IG's web applications. Minimum 5+ years of experience. To work within IG's development / project lifecycle from analysis to implementation, test and release To work as part of the relevant IT development team and as part of the specific development project teams as dictated by project delivery and deadlines and in particular with Oracle PL/SQL developers, Universe Developers, testers and business analysts. To remain up-to-date in respect of current and future upgrades as they relate to own and team's area of work To participate in relevant IT and non-IT projects as directed by line manager To keep pace with new developments in Core Java and Java EE technology
- Must have expert Core Java, Java EE, Java 8 and related technologies like Spring or Spring Boot, MicroServices, JMS, Rest API (Rest webservices) Hibernate, JUNIT, GIT, Maven.
- We work on Test Driven Development environment using JUNIT. Need very strong Experience on unit testing using JUNIT & debugging.
- Has experience of developing RESTful web services
- Strong understanding of MVC2 architecture and other important design patterns.
- Must have 5+ years of experience on Java EE applications
- Must have expert knowledge of at least one application server such as WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Highly self-motivated and directed as well as an effective team player.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Oracle PL/SQL experience
- JDBC, JMX, Maven 2.0., Domain Driven Design (DDD).
Degree-level education (preferably in software engineering)
- Self-starting, enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to participate within a highly motivated team, whilst assuming responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Deadline/delivery conscious and flexible to changing priorities; able to work with multiple requirements with deadlines ranging from days to months.
- Willingness to learn and to develop new skillsets within the capacity of the role.
- Experience of Agile development processes
- Is able to present a balanced view of different technologies and IT platforms in aspiring to the best result for the company.
- Innovator & Go Beyond attitude
Number of openings