- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Senior Copy Editor
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Responsible for proofreading reports - either written by non-native English speakers or that have undergone extensive edits from multiple parties. The copy editor will address flaws on a very grammatical level to make sure the final published report reads smoothly and is formatted consistently, according to Moody's standards.
- Copy edit level 1 and select level 2 final (and post manager approval) research; focus on high impact pieces
- Proofread for spelling, word usage, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Ensure that Moody's house style is followed and formatting is correct (exhibits, headings and headlines, etc.)
- May flag questions, but is not a fact checker and is not responsible for factual accuracy, which lies with the LOB
- Identify documents in need of additional work around content or logic and elevates to Analyst and Financial Writer
- Help analysts to understand editorial changes and apply them to future works to improve analysts' writing skills
- Develop, document and maintain operational documents
- Drive standard operational frameworks and enhance operating efficiency; develop and execute improvements through the identification of gaps and inefficiencies
- Prepare presentations and other materials for management; present content
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders and management
- Mentor team members
MIS Ratings and Research (R&R) is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors MIS Research is focused on production of research content and operations.
- At least 7 years of proofreading experience at an online or print publication, or corporation
- Bachelor's degree in English, writing, journalism, communications or other related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Methode is a plus
- Knowledge of Associated Press style; willingness to become an expert on Moody's style
- Broad understanding of capital markets, finance and credit.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Self-starter and able to adapt to change quickly and multi task; able to meet tight deadlines
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively edit clear, concise copy for publications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well independently under pressure in a collaborative environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.