Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services:
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview:
This position is part of the Enterprise Functions - Human Resource (HR) Control Executive Organization and will play a significant role in supporting Operational Risk Program for HR Control Executive Organization. This function have processes that impact Wells Fargo's business groups. The Human Resources Control Executive Team provides Frontline Risk support for all Human Resources groups' business teams. About the role:
The team needs strong, risk focused, business process leaders, practitioners who can help to create and maintain ongoing risk activity execution as well as any additional risk based activities as required. This team's role is to be the Risk Program SME, Consultant, to define, document what we do, how we do it to stay in compliance with associated risk programs. We provide training documentation, tools, and templates, provide support for partner risk teams and execution facilitation (as required) to support the Human Resource business teams meet their risk objectives. The candidate will need to be strategic, tactical and be willing to support, perform day to day frontline risk activities. Position is specific to work driven from Business Process Management (BPM) and subsequent Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) including Operation Risk Events (ORE), and Self Assurance activities (SAA). This role may expand to other risk based activities over time. Responsibilities:
• Execute Risk related activities, as assigned, specifically related to project based efforts as well as business as usual work for BPM / RCSA - ORE / SAA as needed.
• Responsible for identifying Business specific Risk & Controls for processes during the process modeling effort and ensure those Risks and Controls are properly captured in SHRP Application.
• Facilitate Risk data gathering sessions and / or directly leading risk assessments or other activities with HR Frontline and / or directly with business teams.
• Review and provide guidance and feedback to help teams identify, define risks and controls, potential gaps in controls, monitoring activities and prioritize proposed risk mitigation
• Provide input into business as usual development via lessons learned, continuous improvement
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications:
• University degree in Business or related discipline.
• Experience of minimum 3+ years in Operational Risk domain.
• Knowledge of the Operational Risk Framework and disciplines primarily in the Banking industry and its related operations
• Working knowledge of Process Definition, Process Mapping, Risk and Control Identification, RCSA and other Risk programs.
• Experience with developing and creating documentation for support and training activities
• Knowledge in BIKE and SHRP tool would be an added advantage
• Critical thinking and Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong comprehension/ability to learn technology tools, communication & analytical skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of the organization
• Proficiency with MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS-Visio.
• Self-starter and able to work independently Desired Qualification:
• 6-8 years of overall experience with a minimum of 3+ years in the Operational Risk Management and Compliance discipline.
• Certification in Financial Risk Management.
• Experience in Banking or Multinational Financial Institution.
• Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.