Legal - Repo/Stock Lending Negotiator - Associate
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India Bangalore Karnataka IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Legal - Repo/Stock Lending Negotiator - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
We are seeking to appoint an experienced negotiator for a role in Bengaluru to join the Documentation Team.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with and for the Global Securities Services Legal team in London, as well as working with our colleagues in other offices.
The Global Securities Services business provides prime brokerage services to hedge fund clients, which includes margin lending, securities lending (principal and agency), custody, market access, capital introduction and access to derivatives trading.
The position will have dual reporting lines to both London and Bangalore.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for reviewing legal opinions and advice, due diligence on associated client documentation, maintain approval process for cross product margining of clients' key trading relationships and balance sheet netting;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of market standard stock lending documentation, amendments for both supply trading and client trading;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating prime brokerage documentation, cross margining agreements and other ancillary documentation;
- Reviewing and liaising with client service's teams for client queries and non-standard requests from the client services support framework;
- Keeping abreast of business and regulatory developments as they impact on the way in which our business operates;
- Liaising with GSS legal team, trading desks, operations teams, credit and tax departments in facilitation of the above responsibilities; and
- Preparation/maintenance of files and records relating to documentation negotiated and file notes relating to due diligence performed
- Candidate must have completed a degree in law;
- Acquired legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal environment for at least 3 years;
- Proven ability to review detailed legal documents with an eye for detail;
- Excellent organizational skills; solid drafting and presentation skills;
- Ability to ensure consistency across documentation and know when to escalate issues;
- Familiarity with prime brokerage, stock lending or derivative businesses as well as with hedge funds;
- Ability to understand complex financial documentation and a sound understanding of the financial markets as a whole; and
- English law or Common Law familiarity.
- Strong command of the English language (spoken and written);
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends;
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills;
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks;
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations; Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborated with others within and across teams, encourages other
team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions;
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others;
- Judgement and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues;
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value; and
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.